[CentOS] ImageMagick : Centos GUI ?

Sat Aug 27 12:05:22 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 07:51 -0400, Robert Heller wrote:

> ImageMagick includes its own GUI:
>
> man display
>
> And see:
>
> man ImageMagick
>
> for a complete list of ImageMagick programs.
>
> The GUI is rather basic -- it is not meant as a anything like a
> replacement for the likes of GIMP or xv or any of the other other
> image display and manipulation programs out there.  ImageMagick
> is meant to be a *CLI* workhorse.

Thank you for mentioning Display ... a friendly wizard has appeared
inviting me to experiment.

Previously I tried

	man convert

but your suggestion of

	man ImageMagick

gives a lot more information.

I use IM as an extremely useful CLI 'workhorse' via PHP Exec.  With so
many possibilities, it is very time consuming manually trying the
effects from the command line interface.

My most recent achievement was to extract and superimpose the Exif date
and time.

Paul.