[CentOS] Off topic list for centos please?

Sun Aug 28 13:39:40 UTC 2011

On 08/28/2011 02:12 PM, Always Learning wrote:
>> The other issue that we have, which many other lists dont - is that
>> the membership churn is quite high. And without exception, we fail
>> quite comprehensively as a group to capitalise on that. W
>
> Please explain how, or why, the group should 'capitalise' on membership
> churn ?  Churn, what the English once called 'turnover', means people
> departing. How could departees be 'capitalised on' ?  Given a free 'I
> Love Centos' sticker as a memento  ?

ok, to me Churn implies people joining and leaving, turnover is high. We
do have lots of people joining, but we have a lot of people leaving due
to the various reasons, its that we should address. We have the benefit
of lots of people coming in, lets capitalise on that to expand the user
base, the knowledge base and the general community at large. Rather than
fail in the way we do by driving away large numbers.

> I suggest an annual week long Centos event on every continent. For
> Europe, perhaps in sunny Belgium. To make it affordable for all it could
> be camping rather than expensive hotels and held in June, July or
> August.

heh, I've been to belgium 8 times in the last 5 years. Its never failed
to rain on me ( even snow one in a while ). A CentOS Conference would be
nice, its been brought up often. If you want to help make it happen -
come join the centos-promo list and lets see if we can do something.

- KB