[CentOS] ImageMagick : Centos GUI ?

Mon Aug 29 18:34:29 UTC 2011
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> >> Because you didn't install it. Please at least attempt to check these things
> >> out before you run crying to the list....
> >>

> > Sorry . You mean installing its rpm packages from the centos 6 install
> > cd via 'rpm -Uvh *' ?
>
> You almost always want yum to resolve package dependencies for you
> instead of executing rpm directly for installs or updates.  Rpm will
> tell you about the dependencies but not do anything else helpful like
> finding and installing the needed libraries.

And you really, really don't what to install *every* RPM on the install
CD/DVD.  In some cases there are 'mutually exclusive' packages (or
pairs of packages where installing both makes no sense, like more than
one SMTP daemon, etc.).  Most of the time installing *both* mysql AND
postgresql makes no sense -- you can do it and sometimes it is needful and
proper to have two (or even more) database servers running at the same
time, just most of the time most people are not going to do that.  OTOH
it can be useful to have a selection of PDF viewers or text editors.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com