[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

Wed Aug 31 03:22:16 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 04:17:36AM +0100, Always Learning wrote:

> NO I will not. I have already emailed them.

Then you won't get the support.  Period.

> The necessary IP Tables facilities are not available. Therefore,
> contrary to your strange assertion "Has nothing to do with being
> up-to-date" that IP Tables version is certain OUT-OF-DATE because the
> modern parts have not been included !!!

It's not out of date.  OpenVZ / "stab" kernels don't support all ipt-*
modules by default; they have to be configured on a container basis.

You can argue and be wrong or you can contact your hoster and have the
modules you need enabled or you can find an alternate provider.  The
choice is yours.

							John
--
The ability to focus attention on important things is a defining
characteristic of intelligence.

-- Robert J. Shiller (1946-), American economist, academic, and author,
   Irrational Exuberance (2006)