[CentOS] Centos VPS Kernel 2.6.35.4 & 'string-less' IP tables

Wed Aug 31 03:54:33 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at u61.u22.net>

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 22:41 -0500, John R. Dennison wrote:

> The choice is indeed yours.

Thanks for confirming that again. Its really nice of you to keep
reminding me.

>   You can 1) listen to those that know what
> they are talking about and probably have 50 years of combined experience;
> or 2) remain in the dark and clueless.

However good my hearing I have to admit that I can't hear you. I can
read your typing but I honestly can't hear you. Can you shout a little
louder and I'll listen very quietly ?

> How many times must you argue when you ask for assistance [1] and have it
> provided for you, free of charge.

Argue ?  You told me to talk to someone. I said 'no' because I had
already emailed them and received a Ticket number. Surely it should be
my choice how I communicate with a third party ?

> If you want help at least be willing to consider the answers you are
> given and not discount them out of hand because they don't fit the way
> you wish things were.

I always carefully consider answers and suggestions regardless of the
source.

> [1] "Appreciate suggestions on how to get kernel 2.6.35.4 to install the
>      whole IP tables package, especially the STRING and RECENT options
>      (in -m)."

Gee that is nice of you. But at the time I posted my problem I was not
aware 'the whole IP Tables package' had not been installed because I had
tried to install it using yum which reported nothing to install.

Paul.