[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 16:13:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 17:03:12 +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
	[....]
> PAE means physical address extension and allows 32bit cpus to make use
> of memory beyond the 4gb limit addressable with 32bit.

> Centos/RHEL 6 doesn't support cpus without this as it's hard to come by
> a machine these days that doesn't have this extension.

> So basically your hardware is too old to run Centos 6.

	Aaarrghh! And also Rats! The T42 is my *newer* laptop. (I admit I
seldom do much with either; but one or the other always lives in the
guest room for the convenience of anyone who may be visiting without.)
Sounds like I better go check whether Omega Linux is still current ....

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User