[CentOS] How to preserve iptables when running the GUI tool ?

Timothy Madden

terminatorul at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:32:18 UTC 2011

Hello

I have set up NAT with iptables for an openvpn connection, so that the
VPN server could give VPN clients access to the entire sub-net of the
server.

The probelm is if I start system-config-securitylevel to say disable the
firewall, and then again to enable it, my iptable rules are gone !

I did run `service iptables save` before.

Is there something I can do to prevent this ? Is there a gui interface
to enable NAT over a VPN connection that cooperates with
system-config-network ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden