[CentOS] 6.1 .iso size?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Dec 5 23:58:53 UTC 2011

>>> And 2GB RAM is kind of
>>> minimal - I like lots of disk buffer.
>>
>> What you like is irrelevant to the usefulness of 2GB of RAM to other people.

Can you two stop your senseless arguing. We all already know none of you
are going to back down. Just agree that you agree and be done with it.

Regular CentOS 6.x is not PAE enabled. There is kernel-ml in ElRepo that
has non-PAE kernel enabled. It is 2.6.39-4, so it is not supported by
upstream, but it will run CentOS Desktop version nicely.

I plan on releasing unofficial CentOS Desktop oriented LiveDVD with all
the goodies like newest Firefox and ElRepo kernel modules for NIC's and
wireless, and "upgrade" repository with missing or newer packages of
Desktop applications in next week or two. I am sure I can produce
unofficial LiveDVD with non-PAE kernel and so can others.

So CentOS will be unofficially coming to non-PAE CPU's soon I am sure,
and who knows, it might become official CentOS project is maintainers
show up.

Thank you for understanding us others on this mailing list.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...