[CentOS] Upstream 6.2

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 6 19:12:04 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 09:08 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> As much as I hate to be the bearer of news, I saw over 400 updates this morning on my upstream 6.1 box.... checking the upstream website, yeah, EL6.2 is out, at least for updates.  I didn't see ISO's in my subscribed channel yet, though.
>
> I figured someone would notice soon enough.
>
> So before anyone goes into flame mode, think about the difficulties that have faced the CentOS developers in the past, and please refrain from asking the age-old question 'are we there yet?'  (I have five children, between the ages of 17 and 4; that saying is just a smack old by now for me.....)

CentOS-6.1 will be released in the next couple days (all the Trees and
ISOs are spun and we are getting the mirrors ready to distribute) ... we
are working on 6.2 right now in conjunction with doing the 6.1 distro
release.

It will not be too long before 6.2 updates start appearing in the 6.1 CR
tree (after that tree makes it to the mirrors).

You should see 6.2 significantly faster than 6.1 ... especially the CR rpms.