[CentOS] duqu

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Dec 7 11:59:46 UTC 2011

Vreme: 12/07/2011 12:53 PM, Always Learning piše:

> On 12/07/2011 04:32 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> There is also use of denyhosts and fail2ban. They allow only few
>> attempts from one IP, and all users can share attacking IP's (default
>> is every 30 min) so you are automatically protected from known
>> attacking IP's. Any downside on this protection?
>
> Which is better for C 5.7 and C 6.x ?

I personally use denyhosts, it felt better when I installed if several
years ago. Cant even remember why I thought it better.

It is best to read about it's features and configuration and choose for
your self. They are both good and secure, just have design differences.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...