[CentOS] Incorrect evince password request

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Dec 7 17:49:11 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 12:14 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 09:09 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Lucian wrote:

>>> Nobody should need to use windows.
>>>
>>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=evince+password
>>
>> Or, least best answer, acroread runs jes' fine on Linux.
>
> except that they don't have an x86_64 version (unless it is fairly new)
> and I refuse to install i386 libraries to run acroread.

Slight digression, but I always forget to ask this:

Why are people so against installing 32-bit libraries? I've never
understood this -- some people even opt for virtualization of a 32-bit
release of their entire OS within which to run a few key 32-bit apps
instead of just installing the 32-bit compatibility libraries.

What gives? Is there a technical argument against this?