[CentOS] Netinstall wants to use wlan0

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Dec 8 13:38:04 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 08:11 AM, Jeff Gordon wrote:
> Hi, Folks --
>
> I'm setting up an Acer Aspire 5250 as a Christmas gift, CentOS 6 netinstall
> insists on trying to configure wlan0 but I'm using a wired DSL connection,
> consequently netinstall fails and only offers the option to Retry.

how do you know that ? ( not being pedantic, just want to confirm what
sign / status you see that confirms its using the wlan0 ?  )

> How can I get it to bypass the wlan0 idea and go straight to eth0...?

the installer will give you a choice as to what network interface you
want to use, if you are not seeing that its possible the installer does
not see the second interface at all. If you are certain that the
interface is indeed up and running, you can specify the ksdevice=<MAC>
on the boot line, and force it to use a specific eth interface.

- KB