[CentOS] UC /etc/cron.d

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Dec 9 08:59:06 UTC 2011

Am 09.12.2011 01:03, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> why are radnom people try to tell me how i have to do my job
> without knowing anyting about how i work?
>
> no there is no need on the production machine becuase all preparing
> happens on a dedicated environment with where local and caching repos
> and build-environment is available and from where all TESTED updates
> are deployed
>
> i do my job properly in making sure that no dumb change
> of any upstream maintainer is touching a configuration
> of relevant services
>
> so what will you tell me after > 200 ONLINE-dist-upgrades
> in the last view years on all sort of servers?

Harald,

please stop acting like this. The way you are contributing on this list
is pretty harsh, even abusive.

Why do you rant against Cliff he would tell you how you would have to do
your job? It was exactly you starting with that kind of dictation when
replying to Les. So please be fair and reflect your own behaviour.

And please, do not play the game about others being fools and only you
know how all things should go. A healthy self-assurance is fine, but
talking about "dumb [...] upstream maintainer" combined with your
statements about your experience makes you look like a person, not many
people like to deal with.

I do not like to get personal. It is just meant as a hint that you
should care about the way you interact on this list.

Regards

Alexander