[CentOS] How to list virt machine size with virsh?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:39:54 UTC 2011

> Funny I was thinking about a similar script line. Then I thought, this
> is silly I must have overlooked the obvious. Let's ask the list :-)
> The machine is dual bootable (Xen/Kvm). It serves as a backup for two
> other machines running Xen (centos5). That's basically the only reason
> I'm still on C5. I use drbd to mirror disks.
> The best approach for me is to take a new machine with C6 and migrate on
> there.

Funny thing I went through a similar thing a ways back - but for me
was vmware esx 3.5 to centos 5.5 (or maybe 5.4 ... whichever was fully
supported and not a tech preview) kvm servers in our development
environment here.... and now those systems being migrated to new c6
hosts as part of a hardware refresh cycle....

The libvirt/virsh stuff is fairly interesting - a lot is scriptable...
but for 'home grown' CLI stuff rather than using something like
Archipel or oVirt to manage it you really need to make good use of
awk, sed, etc etc to manipulate data as you want.