[CentOS] Reboot problem with Apache

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Sat Dec 10 19:27:35 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| I have CentOS 6 and with webmin/virtualmin panel, and each time that I
| reboot Apache can't start:
|

| Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind
| to address [::]:80
| (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
| 0.0.0.0:80
| no listening sockets available, shutting down
|
| I do:
|
| netstat -tulpn| grep :80
| tcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 1584/httpd
|

| killall -9 httpd
|

| And then Apache can start. But do you why thos problem in each reboot?
| I like to fix this problem.
|
| Thansks you.
|
| Ernesto

Is there another web server starting before Apache?  For example, nginx.  You could try and use lsof -p <PID> or lsof -i :80 to see what is holding the port before Apache.

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have