[CentOS] Group permission problems [RESEND]

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:14:10 UTC 2011

> This seems to be ok but these:
>
> > $ groups
> > michael adm
> >
> > $ id
> > uid=500(michael) gid=500(michael) groups=4(adm), 500(michael)
>
> Say otherwise.
>
> Might sound stupid but... did you make sure to logoff and back in with your user?
>
> Regards
Ok.  I did not know I needed to log back off and on.  OK.  I'll try that although I can't do it now due to a currently running process.  I'm actually accessing the machine through VNC.  Could this be part of the issue as well? The session needs to be closed and re-opened before the new groups will take effect? Thanks,Michael