[CentOS] Group permission problems [RESEND]

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:30:58 UTC 2011

> With Unix unless you are changing X or the kernel, you can most times
> just start a new instance of you. :)
> i.e., `xterm -ls -sb` or
> (in gnome)
> start a terminal
> click Edit -> Current Profile
> click 'Title and Command'
> make sure "Run command as login shell"** is checked, and click close.
> Start a new gnome terminal.
Tried both of those.  I still get the same conflicting output from the three commands: groups michael, groups and id. I had to try those in the same VNC session.  Would that make a difference?  Still can't logout of this VNC session due to existing running process.  I will have access to the console in a few hours.  I could try it there. Thanks for the help/ Michael