[CentOS] how to find source of data loss / corruption

anax anax at ayni.com
Thu Dec 15 11:48:19 UTC 2011

Hi Rudi
we once had a similar problem on a Web:

This Web had this in particular that its home-page needed to be deleted
daily and of course reinstalled immediately.
Then, in a new version of the Web it did not need this delete/reinstall
cycle any more, so the webadmin just removed the link to the delete
script. He did not remove the delete-script itself from the Web.
The effect was, that the home-page was still deleted at random times.

What we then found out: We used an internal Search-Engine which crawled
this web. And this Search-Engine had not forgotten the link to the
delete-script, but invoked it at random times, whenever it crawled  the
particular Web.

Your case: could it be something similar?

suomi