[CentOS] Backup Redux

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:34:45 UTC 2011

OK, I'm getting ready to finally dig into replacing our backups.  Lots of
good info in this thread -but so far no mention of rsnapshot

Any comment on it ?   Our environment is all Linux except for Mac desktops
which would like have a different solution for backups.

>From the little I've read it seems to be very similar to BackupPC.  Though
based on the name I guess it is using LVM snapshots?  Which of course means
almost instantaneous backups - attractive.