[CentOS] Monitoring services

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Dec 17 17:00:25 UTC 2011

On 12/17/2011 01:25 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
>>> Do Zabbix or Zenoss allow for this sort of testing that Nagios has?
> OK, thanks.  I'll dig more into passive checks

I think its the active tests you are looking for ( tests run from the
zabbix-server rather than on the agent ). Easy one to start with is the
web tests, where the zabbix-server can go through a series of
mouse-clicks and test for content on each 'step', resulting in a pass/fail.

quite handy to be able to throw those together in seconds. I remember
having to use www::mechanize and webrat etc to write a httpclient in
order to achieve this on nagios

- KB