[CentOS] forcing yum to download but not install

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 20:01:42 UTC 2011

> That is one advantage of the way automirror worked, since it was
> specific to yum it didn't mind the mirror configuration.

Yes, would be nice if it worked for me :-(

> One way around the mirror list issue is pointed out by Guru labs
> (though I admit hijacking the DNS seems heavy handed)
>
> http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/guru-guides/YUM-automatic-local-mirror/

I'll look at it.  I just installed the "yum-downloadonly" on one box and am
starting the upgrade with that flag enabled.

Then I suppose I can mount the cache directory on other servers before
updating them and I should be golden

Given that I've only got 5 or 6 boxes to do it should not be a major
problem.

But I'll look at the link above as well