[CentOS] Will CentOS 6.1 still be supported?

Edward Martinez edwardm1 at live.com
Wed Dec 21 22:46:17 UTC 2011

On 12/21/11 13:00, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/21/11 1:30 PM, Edward Martinez wrote:
>>         Now I understand, I'm currently downloading 254 packages,  once it
>> finishes downloading, then i will be using 6.2, presumably i need to
>> reboot the OS.
>>         So redhat/centos model works different than Fedoras; where the
>> previous release is still supported for approximately 13 months.
> the previous release (centos 5) is supported for like 7 years or something.
>
> fedora doesn't have rollups or point releases at all.

    Thinking about it I should of used OpenBSD's model; when they do a
point release every six months, the previous point release is
    still maintained, until another point release. . Now I  understand
that redhat/centos uses a different model; where the newest point
release replaces
    the previous point release.  Hope i got it:-)