[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 22 20:12:56 UTC 2011

i'm configuring a storage server with CentOS 6.2, it uses a LSI MegaRAID
SAS controller, I'm using LSI's megacli to configure the storage...
Any ideas on how to get drive failure notifications out of this
system?   I'm configuring hot spares but I'd still like some sort of
notification when a drive has failed so the spare can be replaced.