[CentOS] CentOS 6 x86_64 can't detect raid 10

David

david at pnyet.web.id
Thu Dec 29 23:41:51 UTC 2011

Dear All,

I just got a new server with the following specifications:
motherboard : Intel S5500BC
CPU         : Xeon Quad Core 2.6Ghz
RAM         : 8GB
HDD         : 4 x 2TB SATA with configured raid 10 using raid embedded
server.

The problem is the centos installer can't detect raid virtual disk. I
can't find any log error with the following error messages during
installation process:

Disks sda, sdb, sdc, sdd contain BIOS RAID metadata but are not part of
any recognized BIOS RAID sets.

I'm already use search engine to find the information regarding to this
issue, but I can't find the solutions for CentOS.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
David