[CentOS] what percent of time are there unpatched exploits against default config?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 22:07:00 UTC 2011

> IP address allocation needs to be done smarter so that geographical regions can be isolated easier. And at some point it probably will be.

There already is that capability to some extent. Between geoip and the
RIR's, one can get a pretty good handle on which /8 or /16 blocks need
to be blocked at your firewall. In fact the linux based router's we
use have a specific "Country Blocking" feature which I use to block
large swathes of the Net from our systems.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie