[CentOS] Intel SE7210TP1-E giving memory errors

Mon Dec 5 07:13:39 UTC 2011
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Hi List,
I've been getting the following EDAC memory errors
EDAC MC0: CE page 0xeb0dd, offset 0x0, grain 4096, syndrome 0x45, row 3,
channel 0, label "": i82875p CE
and from this seeing that these errors have been corrected.
Checking cat /sys/devices/system/edac/mc/mc0/csrow3/ch0_ce_count gives
me a count of 4
thus I now know that csrow3 - ch0 is the problem

My question is, how does this map to the on board labels
DIMM 1A
DIMM 1B
DIMM 2A
DIMM 2B

Am I correct in assuming csrow 3 is DIMM 2B?

Also I have just discovered that both the OS drives sda and sdb have
huge number of errors shown on the SMART records
- can this relate to the memory errors??
- I am just really surprised to have two drives show almost identical
number of errors at the same time, yet no apparent data errors - Drives
are ATA ST380013AS 74.53 GB
TIA for your insightful comments