[CentOS] yum with a proxy

Wed Dec 7 15:03:51 UTC 2011
Philippe Naudin <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr>

Hello,

While yum is configured to use a proxy, like this :
 [base]
 name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
 mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
 #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
 gpgcheck=1
 gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6
 proxy=http://proxy.lasb:3128

it still make some attempts to connect directly to Internet (tcp 80).
These attempts are denied and logged by the firewall.

If I comment out the line mirrorlist= and uncomment the line
baseurl= then there is no more direct connexion to Internet.
(N.B. : in both cases, yum works well despite the access denied.)

I have tried to add a line proxy= to fastestmirror.conf, but it
doesn't change anything. I can't put proxy= in /etc/yum.conf
because I also have a local repo.

Any idea on how to avoid these connexion to Internet ?

TIA,

--
Philippe Naudin
UMR MISTEA : Mathématiques, Informatique et STatistique pour
tél: 04.99.61.26.34, fax: 04.99.61.29.03, mél: naudin at supagro.inra.fr