[CentOS] iscsid still starting up after turning it off

Fri Dec 9 19:55:13 UTC 2011
Mike VanHorn <michael.vanhorn at wright.edu>

I have a set of CentOS 5.7 workstations, on which I have turned of iscsid
using 'chkconfig iscid off'. However, when some of them reboot, iscsid
starts anyway.

Also, when I do an 'service --status-all", iscsid is listed twice (this is
true on both the workstations where iscsid starts and the ones where
iscsid doesn't start), which seems to indicate, I think, that it is listed
as a service twice.

How can I tell from whence iscsid is starting, even after it's been turned
off?

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn at wright.edu