[CentOS] Shutdown KVM guest not working

Wed Dec 14 16:47:48 UTC 2011
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I am in the middle of a rather confusing situation.  At
the moment I am unable to shutdown a KVM guest machine.
Nor am I presently able to open a virt-manager session on
the host.

I am not exactly sure what has happened but the problem
with the vm guest is that issuing a "virsh shutdown 1"
from the root console has no effect.

# virsh list
 Id Name                          State
  1 vmguest01....                 running

# virsh shutdown 1
Doamin 1 is being shutdown

wait 5 minutes

# virsh list
 Id Name                          State
  1 vmguest01....                 running

How do I get this stopped?

I have another problem with virt-manager as well.  But I
will leave that for another message.

Canada  L8E 3C3