[CentOS] megaraid/PERC

Thu Dec 1 18:50:47 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:08:27 AM Craig White wrote:
> I think the actual controller might make a difference and also details such as whether/how much write back cache was available and also, which RAID level would likely be significant too. Almost guessing that you were talking about a PERC 3/Di.

Hmmm, no, I think it's a PERC 4 of some series.  I don't recall if it's a 4e or a 4Di.  It's built in to the PCI-X riser and it's dual channel, though.  Probably an e.

256MB of cache if I remember correctly; using the service tag # and checking Dell's original system config tool tells me that's correct (the config tool just says a RAID key installed, and documentation for a PERC 4e/Di/Si; I don't recall if the e was the on-riser or if the i was right off hand, and the config tool doesn't tell me either).

Six drives: two 72GB 15k in RAID 1, four 146GB 15k in RAID5.  MDRAID beat the PERC4 on both logical drives, set up as identically as possible.