[CentOS] Missing sources in CentOS 6.0

Sat Dec 3 00:29:47 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 12/02/2011 01:12 PM, Ryan R. Uber wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> In the 6.0 release, I have found a gap in the provided source under the SRPMS/ directories on the mirrors.
>
> Let's take the 'bash' source as the first example. The version of bash that I find in the binary x86_64 directories is:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/bash-4.1.2-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
>
> One would expect to find the source to that binary at:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6.0/os/x86_64/Packages/bash-4.1.2-3.el6.src.rpm
>
> However, it does not exist. I have looked on many mirrors, all with the same result, which leads me to believe that this is simply missing on all CentOS mirrors.
>
> I have checked other distributions to see if the result is consistent, but Red Hat provides the SRPMS in their repository:
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/SRPMS/bash-4.1.2-3.el6.src.rpm
>
> As do other rebuild-distributions like Scientific Linux:
> http://mirrors.200p-sf.sonic.net/scientific/6.0/SRPMS/vendor/bash-4.1.2-3.el6.src.rpm
>
> I have noticed this same anomoly with the following packages:
>
> bash
> coreutils
> iptables
> libselinux
> mod_auth_kerb
> nss
> redhat-logos
>
> There may be others as well, but I have not checked the entire distribution.
>
> Is this a mistake? Or is there a reason that these are left out? I searched the forums and found this thread, but it offers no real solution:
> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=143030&topic_id=33382
>
> Also, there doesn't appear to be any source available for the CR repository. Is there any place I can find these? Or am I just supposed to fetch them from upstream?

OK ... we are going to push the missing 6.0/os/SRPMS into the tree after
they are signed later ... but in the mean time, you can get them from
here if you can't wait:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/missing-srpms/os/

(those are not signed, but I just gathered them up)

We should get another batch of SRPMS into vault for CR as well later
today or tomorrow:

http://vault.centos.org/6.0/cr/SRPMS/Packages/