[CentOS] syncing imap servers with imapsync

Sun Dec 4 06:42:25 UTC 2011
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 00:15 -0500, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>

> > if so, you need to configure it for login/plain, something like this...
> >
> > # grep sasl_mech_list /etc/imapd.conf
> > sasl_mech_list: plain login gssapi external
> >
> > Probably don't need the gssapi or external
>
>  Thanks for your reply. The zimbra side (server1) is logging in fine.
> The problem appears to be with the postfix side (server2) which is on
> courier.
>
> Thanks for your input.
----
OK - don't know much about configuring courier - I'll reserve any
thoughts about using it at this point.

Your problem still seems to be that the login and / or plain protocols
are not supported (courier). This actually has nothing to do with
postfix (imapsync) because it is an IMAP to IMAP transfer.

Forget imapsync for the moment until you can login from command line...
trying to use your previous imapsync command...

(imapsync --syncinternaldates --host1 mail.example1.com --user1
bluethundr --password1 secret --host2 roundcube.example2.com --user2
bluethundr --password2 secret)

telnet roundcube.example2.com 143

# at this point, the server will offer the protocols
# it will accept and until this says LOGIN and/or PLAIN,
# you aren't going to be able to connect via your imapsync setup.

. login user2 secret

. logout

If you can login & logout in this manner, imapsync will work. Until
then, it won't work. I think you have to configure your IMAP server to
accept PLAIN logins.

Craig

believed to be clean.