[CentOS] Upstream 6.2

Tue Dec 6 16:25:47 UTC 2011
Greg Bailey <gbailey at lxpro.com>

On 12/06/2011 08:08 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> As much as I hate to be the bearer of news, I saw over 400 updates this morning on my upstream 6.1 box.... checking the upstream website, yeah, EL6.2 is out, at least for updates.  I didn't see ISO's in my subscribed channel yet, though.
>
> I figured someone would notice soon enough.
>
> So before anyone goes into flame mode, think about the difficulties that have faced the CentOS developers in the past, and please refrain from asking the age-old question 'are we there yet?'  (I have five children, between the ages of 17 and 4; that saying is just a smack old by now for me.....)

The difficulties I'm thinking about are those outlined in:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-October/119027.html

I'm curious if the anaconda changes that proved to be difficult for
CentOS when moving from 6.0 to 6.1 will be as significant in the
development effort moving from 6.1 to 6.2.  I get the sense that package
rebuilding wasn't too difficult (and that's why we had the CR
repository) but that the ISO creation was harder.

-Greg