[CentOS] duqu

Tue Dec 6 22:39:43 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday, December 06, 2011 04:58:42 PM Lamar Owen wrote:
> I happen to have a copy of an older brute-forcer dictionary here (somewhere) and it's very large and has lots of very secure-seeming passwords in it.

I ran down the copy I have; here's an excerpt of one of the dictionaries:
++++++++
root:P7zkJTma
root:5D8DY22
root:mc99ZR34Z
root:IVEUFc
root:JJc9DicA
root:zzzzzzz
root:4m3ric4n
root:3nglish
root:g0v3rm3nt
root:4zur3
root:bl4ck
root:blu3
root:br0wn
root:cy4n
root:crims0n
root:d4rkblu3
root:d4rk
root:g0ld
++++++++

Yeah, some of those would ordinarily be relatively secure-seeming passwords.

In the copy I have, there are 5 dictionaries, totalling 68,915 username/password pairs.

The brute-forcer this was taken from does not require root, it can run on any user.

Look for a directory named '.joker' on your filesystems; you might find the one I found.....