[CentOS] Incorrect evince password request

Wed Dec 7 16:33:46 UTC 2011

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 09:09 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Lucian wrote:

>>> Nobody should need to use windows.
>>>
>>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=evince+password
>>
>> Or, least best answer, acroread runs jes' fine on Linux.
>
> except that they don't have an x86_64 version (unless it is fairly new)
> and I refuse to install i386 libraries to run acroread.

Well, I found someone who says they've gotten it working* - actually, I
have it running - but they seem to think they're running a 64-bit
version... but then, using strace, they find they start having to install
i686 libraries, which I'm guessing are still 32-bit. Am I right, Johnny?

        mark

*
<http://wrightrocket.blogspot.com/2011/01/adobe-acrobat-reader-x-64-bit-for-red.html#!/2011/01/adobe-acrobat-reader-x-64-bit-for-red.html>