[CentOS] JNLP app problems

Wed Dec 7 18:29:20 UTC 2011
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Anyone?  Anyone?  Buehler?

Fortunately in one instance I am having the problem on an Oracle/Sun system
that I have under support, and so I logged a call with them.  They told me
to ensure I am running  JRE 1.5 or better, and of course I had not been.
 So I installed JR 1.7 (latest) from their RPMs, and then followed the
instructions here :
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/manual-plugin-install-linux-136395.html

To create a link in my .mozilla/plugins directory :

[amckay at solexa-db ~]$ ls -al !$
ls -al .mozilla/plugins/
total 7
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 amckay amckay  3 Dec  7 13:14 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 5 amckay amckay  5 Nov 16 09:25 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 amckay amckay 43 Dec  7 13:14 libnpjp2.so ->
/usr/java/jre1.7.0_01/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so
[amckay at solexa-db ~]$ pwd
/home/amckay
[amckay at solexa-db ~]$

And then I restart Firefox and check the installed plugins that it thinks
it has, and sure enough it has that one running.  But still I go to a JNLP
app and get only XML, no app.

Anyone?