[CentOS] Netinstall wants to use wlan0

Fri Dec 9 08:37:59 UTC 2011
Jeff Gordon <jeff.gordon at wellnow.com>

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 11:06:18AM +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Vreme: 12/08/2011 10:13 AM, Jeff Gordon piše:
> > Hi, Bert --
> >
> > Thanks. :-)  Doesn't seem to be an opportunity or way to open a console
> > before this problem comes up, with netinstall.  I just scanned to see if
> > there might be a kernel parameter for it; doesn't seem to be.
> >
> >   -- Jeff --
> >

> Jeff, can you please write bellow our responses? So we can follow your
> thread from up to down not jump up and down. thanks.
>

> Do you have User Guide Manual for your Notebook? Here it is:
>
> http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/QuickStartGuide/QuickStartGuide_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip?acerid=634408513967391857&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%205250&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7
>
> On page 7 it says:
>
> <Fn> + <F3> Communication Enables/disables the computer’s
>                             communication devices.
>
> <Fn> key is blue and on lower left side of the keyboard.
>
> There should be 3-4-presses cycle. It will turn on and off both WiFi and
> Bluethooth (if installed) devices and, individually and both at the same
> time.
>

> --
>
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic
> (Love is in the Air)
> PL Computers
> Serbia, Europe
>
> Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your
> trusty Spiderman...
> StarOS, Mikrotik and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant

Thanks. :-)  Sorry about the order of responses, there are parts of cyberspace
where "top-quoting" is a major faux pas.

There are no indicator lights on the machine, so it's pretty much trial-and-error
on those keypresses.  Thanks to Tom, though, I've been able to see a message
at one of the consoles that at first says "unrecognized keypress" but soon
thereafter says something like "wlan switched off" (per NetworkManager).

No joy yet, though -- problem seems to be something else; see next reply
for more details on that.

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."