[CentOS] Netinstall wants to use wlan0

Fri Dec 9 08:52:53 UTC 2011
Jeff Gordon <jeff.gordon at wellnow.com>

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 09:05:23AM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Coming into this late....
> Scott Robbins wrote:

> <snip>
> >> the installer will give you a choice as to what network interface you
> >> want to use, if you are not seeing that its possible the installer does
> >> not see the second interface at all.
> >
> > I am trying to remember how this went on my Acer. Firstly, the hardware
> > switch for the wireless is probably on the front.  It doesn't give any
> > sign that it's on or off, you move it to one side, then release and try
> > this a few times.
> <snip>
> This is my first thought, also. I've not dealt with an Acer - my laptops
> from work for years have been Dells, and they have a tiny switch that
> turns wireless on and off, and I *have* to turn it off to get it to use
> the cable.
>
>           mark

Thanks, Mark. If there's a switch on this one they've hidden or disguised
it really, really well. :-)  I think it was designed with Windows 7 users
in mind.

--

 -- Jeff --   <http://www.wellnow.com>

 "There's nothing left in the world to prove.  All that's worth doing
  is to love one another, using whatever means are available to serve."