[CentOS] UC /etc/cron.d

Fri Dec 9 10:19:23 UTC 2011
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>

Am 09.12.2011 09:59, schrieb Alexander Dalloz:
> Am 09.12.2011 01:03, schrieb Reindl Harald:
>
>> why are radnom people try to tell me how i have to do my job
>> without knowing anyting about how i work?
>>
>> no there is no need on the production machine becuase all preparing
>> happens on a dedicated environment with where local and caching repos
>> and build-environment is available and from where all TESTED updates
>> are deployed
>>
>> i do my job properly in making sure that no dumb change
>> of any upstream maintainer is touching a configuration
>> of relevant services
>>
>> so what will you tell me after > 200 ONLINE-dist-upgrades
>> in the last view years on all sort of servers?
>
> Harald,
>
> Why do you rant against Cliff he would tell you how you would have to do
> your job? It was exactly you starting with that kind of dictation when
> replying to Les. So please be fair and reflect your own behaviour.

my only point was "/etc/crontab will NEVER get overwritten" because
he gave bad advise that it would randomly

no idea why everytime random peopole make a major-topic after a simple
correction and starting advise what why are not getting changed with
updates because you touch a config-file which gets no longer overwritten
with new maintainer versions

that is why config-files exists and that is why the are flagged not to
be overwritten - so what do we discuss here?