[CentOS] iSCSI best practices

Sat Dec 10 18:55:36 UTC 2011
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca>

----- Original Message -----
| > The Dell 6224 or 6248 switches are priced low
|
| Hmmm, we seem to have different definitions of "priced low" :-)
|
| http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=bsd&c=ca&l=en&cs=cabsdt1&k=PowerConnect+6224&cat=all&x=0&y=0
|
| $2000 for the 24 port.
|
| I can get a Cisco small business switch for less than 1/4 that.
| Speaking of which, would this one be OK for iSCSI?
|
| http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/product_details.php?pid=71436

LOL! Cisco.  If I told you that that particular device used to be called Linksys, would it change your opinion of the device?  I've got a Linksys ADSL gateway that I'm quite sure couldn't keep up with the Dell.  In fact, I used to have that *exact* Linksys device and it died within 18 months and it's performance sucked!

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have