[CentOS] Perl package problems

Thu Dec 15 16:24:38 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 12/15/2011 12:37 PM, Anne Wilson piše:
> On 12/13/2011 07:53 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Vreme: 12/13/2011 06:47 PM, Anne Wilson piše:
>>> To avoid similar problems in the future, can you give me some guidelines
>>> for priority settings?  It seems I got it wrong somewhere:-)   Thanks
>>
>> It is not wise to have third-party repositories overwriting base
>> packages. This should only be used by hand per package basis.
>>
>> I have created local repository where I copy packages I wish to replace
>> and only that "third-party" repository has same priority as official
>> repositories.
>>
>> RPMForge (now RepoForge) has "non-violent", or safe repository that
>> *should not* contain packages that overwrite base packages, and
>> "violent" repository named "extras" that is meant to overwrite base
>> packages.
>>
> Thanks.  I think that makes it clear - it seems that if I see this sort
> of problem again I have to look at repositories that are not normally
> enabled, and consider whether to temporarily enable them.  Is it safe to
> leave rpmfusion-free-updates.repo and rpmfusion-nonree-updates.repo
> without a specific priority setting?  The various testing repos are not
> enabled.

You can keep all desired repositories enabled as long as you have
yum-plugin-priorities installed and keep third-party repositories with
lesser priority (larger number). Like base=1, epel=2, repoforge=3,
rpmfusion-* =3, etc.

Here is how I decided to setup third party repositories:
http://rpms.plnet.rs/CentDOS.repo
There are few changes needed like "torakat" repo with now centosplus
kernels.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)