[CentOS] yum update fails on perl dependancy

Tue Dec 20 15:03:41 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 12/20/2011 03:58 PM, Fabien Archambault piše:
> On 12/20/2011 03:55 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> I finally started yum upgrade for CentOS 6.0+CR x86_64.
>>
>> yum reports that I have already installed
>>
>> perl-5.10.1-119.el6_1.1,
>>
>> but perl-CGI requests for
>>
>> perl-5.10.1-119.el6 from ISO/base repo.
>>
>> Can someone advise on the best course of action? Logical would be to
>> downgrade perl to the one from ISO file.
>>

> Hi,
>
> perhaps it is the same as:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-December/120923.html
> You just need a yum clean all&&  yum update
>
> Fabien

No, looked at it. The problem is that CR carried higher version of perl
package, although only  "_1.1" at the end. If that perl package is to
appear in updates repo then I would wait. If not, then I will downgrade.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...