[CentOS] java installation failure

Tue Dec 20 15:52:35 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 12/20/2011 04:34 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us piše:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> Vreme: 12/20/2011 04:11 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us piše:

>>> Ok, first trick: set your JAVA_HOME to the correct path. If alternatives
>>> is in use, select the correct path there, then set JAVA_HOME.
>>>
>> /usr/sbin/alternatives --config java could be a good start?
>
> That's what I was suggesting. One thing, though - that doesn't set
> JAVA_HOME, does it?

I am not sure how all of this works. I base my answer on procedure for
setting up java environment for Firefox and these two pages:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3350722/why-maven-ignores-my-java-home
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1131358&postcount=6

I do not have $JAVA_HOME at all, but my *.jar files work without a problem.

Stackoverflow link says: "JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default", this is symlink
for "/usr/java/latest" which is a symlink for chosen java's home
directory (I guess).

But this is how far my knowledge goes on this.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...