[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

Thu Dec 22 21:32:56 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Dec 22, 2011, at 1:12 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

> i'm configuring a storage server with CentOS 6.2, it uses a LSI MegaRAID
> SAS controller, I'm using LSI's megacli to configure the storage...
> Any ideas on how to get drive failure notifications out of this
> system?   I'm configuring hot spares but I'd still like some sort of
> notification when a drive has failed so the spare can be replaced.
----
don't know how to do it on CentOS but on Ubuntu, I use megaclisas-status package which goes hand in hand with megacli and it sends notifications.

If you want, I can e-mail you the megaclisas-status script from /usr/sbin and beyond that, there's a sysv initscript that periodically checks and sends an e-mail. Simple enough.

Craig