[CentOS] lm-sensors on Sun hardware

Fri Dec 23 14:07:01 UTC 2011
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> don't those boxes have IPMI ?

So I installed OpenIPMI and freeipmi and when I get the output of
"ipmi-sensors" I have to say it cannot be accurate.  These are the same
numbers I was seeing from within the ILOM GUI and there is no way they are
accurate.  Two of the temp ones are showing 22C and 25C but my lm-sensors
on that machine is showing values in the high 30s, which has to be the
correct value judging by holding your hand next to the system.

I've got the ILOMs updated to the latest and greatest but I've not been
able to update the BIOS on these machines and they are not under support
anymore so I can't bug Oracle about  it :-(