[CentOS] what percent of time are there unpatched exploits against default config?

Thu Dec 29 15:41:46 UTC 2011
Marc Deop <damnshock at gmail.com>

On Thursday 29 December 2011 14:59:14 Reindl Harald wrote:
> the hughe difference is: while having the same password (for the key)
> it can not be used directly for brute-force und you need the password
> and at least one time access to the key file

Explain me how having a key protected by a password avoids brute forcing if you loose the usb stick holding that key?

Technology is developing at a scary pace, have a look at this:
http://mytechencounters.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/gpu-password-cracking-crack-a-windows-password-using-a-graphic-card/

And this is with a simple card, imagine what you can do with a system with multiple paralel cards...

Just to be clear: I'm not arguing which system is better/more secure. I'm just pointing out one downside of having the key in a usb memory.

And bruteforcing against ssh servers are really difficult as some others have commented (and even more difficult if you limit failed connections...)

Regards