[CentOS] UC UC Need help in writing a shell/bash script

Fri Dec 30 15:14:32 UTC 2011

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sent: 30 December 2011 15:06
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] UC Need help in writing a shell/bash script

> 	}
> 	END {
> 		for (i in grpnm) {
> 			print i ":	" substr(grpnm[i], 3)
> 		}
> ' | sort

<snip>
Why use cat? Why not just stick the filename in the command line, right
after the closing ', and before the pipe?

        mark

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. QinetiQ may
monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for
the purposes of security. QinetiQ Limited (Registered in England
& Wales: Company Number: 3796233) Registered office: Cody Technology
Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX  http://www.qinetiq.com.