[CentOS] Checkinstall rpm for CentOS-6 x86_64?

Sat Dec 31 16:31:24 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 12/31/2011 03:24 PM, Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> Am 30.12.2011 21:08, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
>> On 12/30/2011 03:34 PM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>>> Does anyone have a source for an rpm of this package that
>>> runs on CentOS-6_x86_64 or can recommend a replacement for
>>> it?
>>
>> consider using fpm instead ? it kind of address's the same problem in a
>> different way.
>
> Although I'm not the OP I'm interested in that topic too.
> Unfortunately, due to heavy TLA overloading I couldn't make out
> which FPM you might be referring to. "yum search fpm" came up blank.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=fpm yielded "About 22,400,000 results"
> but nothing promising on the first three result pages.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPM wasn't helpful either.
> Do you have an URL perhaps?

https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm/wiki

I used >>linux "fpm" checkinstall<< for a google search. You have to
filter your search results with few more related words.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...