[CentOS] Fan speed control on Supermicro X8DAL board with CentOS

Mon Feb 7 19:42:48 UTC 2011
RedShift <redshift at pandora.be>

On 02/06/11 18:48, Ned Slider wrote:

> You're welcome Chuck.
>
> Your question prompted me to update the elrepo kmod-w83627ehf driver
> package to the latest upstream source (kernel-2.6.37):
>
> http://lists.elrepo.org/pipermail/elrepo/2011-February/000488.html
>
> By all means give that package a try, but I'm not convinced it will
> address your problem in this case. Either way, it should be relatively
> quick and painless to test - updated packages should be available shortly.
>
> Maybe someone with more experience of this particular Supermicro M/B
> will pop up on the list :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Ned

Actually it's possible a hardware monitoring module is interfering with the FAN speed control duties. Try preventing any hardware monitoring related modules get modprobed. See modprobe.conf how to blacklist modules.

Glenn