[CentOS] how will CentOS handle the perftools 1.7 vs. 1.6 issue?

Thu Feb 10 21:02:24 UTC 2011
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 02:59:48PM -0600, Larry Vaden wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> >
> > There are any number of 3rd party repos that maintain many newer
> > packages, so getting things into CentOSPlus is not the only option.
>
> I would very much appreciate your referral to a repo that has a current BIND.

I'm not aware of one.  Would you consider using a Fedora RPM?  You
could rebuild from the F14 SRPM for EL6.  Probably would work pretty
well.

You'd have to track security updates and such of course on your own...

Ray